If you aren’t familiar with the steps involved, ordering customised garments can seem like a confusing and intimidating process. We strive to make the entire experience easy. Below is a brief run-through of how we operate and what you can expect from the time you pick up the phone to order from us to the time you pick up your custom printed items. It consists of 7 easy-to-follow steps, however, should any of them seem complicated, feel free to get in touch through Facebook or our website.
Contact: There are numerous ways you can get in touch with us and we’ll always try to get back to you as soon as possible. You can reach us at the contacts below:
Phone: 01224 973009
Address: Suite 12, Centurion Business Centre, North Esplanade West, Aberdeen
When you get in touch with us, you will need to have a few things in mind. If you need help with one or more of these items, we will be happy to guide and advise you.
- First, it is important that you decide the kind of shirt you would like, whether it be a short sleeve, long sleeve, a denim shirt or something more tailored for sports. Have a look over our website catalogue for inspiration: https://ripplesprints.com/catalogues/.
- Next up, pick a colour that you like for your shirt. We offer a wide range of colours so don’t be limited by what you think we have or don’t have. Reflective and glow-in-the-dark options are available for some garments too.
- Once you have decided on a colour, brainstorm some design ideas as to what you want printed on your shirts. Feel free to get as creative as you can! We offer both printing and embroidery, giving you greater freedom of design.
- You’ll also want to decide where you want the design(s) printed. These include but are not limited to full front prints, left chest prints, full back prints, or sleeve prints. A comprehensive list of the print locations we offer can be found below.
- Depending on the design, you will have to let us know what colour you want the print or the colour of the thread for embroidery to be. Again, our range of colours is extensive so don’t worry about limiting yourself to primary or basic colours.
- Once you have decided upon all of the design features of your garment, calculate how many you will be ordering. We can work with both small and large orders, whether you’re printing shirts for your friend’s hen do or for a specialised corporate event, we will be able to supply you with the garments you need.
- Finally, let us know the timeframe within which you need us to complete your order. We prefer to know two weeks in advance but may be able to speed things up if necessary.
Placing an Order: We will accept orders by email or phone, both of which can be found above, on our website or social media platforms. We are also happy to have you come discuss your ideas with us but at this time, our preferable method of meeting will be a Zoom or telephone call. At the time an order is placed, we require payment in full unless other arrangements have been made or unless your organisation has an account with us. A purchase order # for your organisation will be taken if required.
Artwork: Once you contact us with your design idea, we will decide if you will be providing the artwork or if we need to create the artwork for you. If you are planning to provide the artwork, we will need it in a vector format such as .eps, .cdr or .ai. If you need us to create the artwork for you from a print out, sketch or jpg image, we will begin working on your artwork to create a proof. We will email the proof to you for approval or for changes to be made per your request. Depending on the complexity of your design, artwork charges may apply. However, if the design is relatively simple like a basic text, we do not charge for this service. This will be determined before any artwork is started.
Pricing: Pricing is based on 3 things;
- The number of garments or items you order,
- The number of ink colours we need to print or the number of thread colour changes in the case of embroidery,
- and the number of print locations on the garment.
The more garments you order, the better your overall price. We also offer price breaks for greater quantities. Higher numbers of ink colours in your designs and higher numbers of print locations on the garment will drive the cost per item.
After Approval of Artwork: After you have received the proof and have given your approval for us to “go to print”, we will print your items per your order. We count every order three times before it leaves our premises. Once we receive the blank shirts from our supplier, once before we print them and once after they are printed and we are putting them in boxes. Every box is labelled so that you know the contents at a glance. We make every effort to ensure your order is correct by this triple-check method.
Pick It, Love It, Keep It: Once your items are printed and ready to be picked up or shipped, you will receive an email from us indicating your order is complete. This can be at your convenience. It is time for you to see your idea come to life and transformed from paper to finished product.
That’s It! Simple and easy. Typically, start to finish, the process can be a week or more. We understand that all of this seems intimidating, but we are here to help and answer your questions along the way. We will walk you through the whole routine and will be in constant communication with you.
We enjoy every single bit of the process and we want you to come on that fun journey with us too. We look forward to hearing from you and hope you are staying safe during these uncertain times.